[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Installing earlier version

Systems Administration sysadmin@contrailservices.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:03:19 -0600

> retarted the computer.  The AFS icon is on the desktop
> and I can access the top level of the file space.  Now
> I just have to figure out why nothing is appearing
> below that level. Hmmmm?

This is a silent (GUI wise) authorization failure - as in the ACL for
the directory you want to browse does not allow reading.  If you use a
shell you should see the error message when you attempt to cd into
and/or ls the directory in question.  As far as I can tell the AFS
implementation does not pass useful permissions data on to the Finder
as Apple expects (they want HFS/BSD style permissions).

Check your tickets to see what authentication identity you are using -
klist - and if you dont have an AFS token use klog or aklog (if you are
using and external Kerberos domain such as mit-krb5).