[OpenAFS-port-darwin] panic triggered by kextunload

Andrea Gronchi a.gronchi@unix.net
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:34:06 +0100

As a complete newcomer to AFS, I'm trying to set up my OSX 10.3 system
to join our test AFS cell.
I installed the 1.2.10 prebuilt package, configured ThisCell,
CellServDB and cacheinfo, rebooted
the machine and everything went apparently fine.
When I try to shutdown afsd via "umount -f /afs" i can see its warm
shutdown message via dmesg,
but when I use kextunload to remove afs.kext from the running kernel,
the system freezes
showing a panic box.

I tried to run afsd again, after an "umount -f /afs" (without removing
afs.kext) but on the second run,
I keep getting errors on every access to /afs.

Since many of us are running panther on laptop machines, it can be
useful to umount /afs right
before disconnect from the network, and mount it again when the network
is available again.

Is there a way to disconnect and reconnect to a cell without being
forced to reboot?

tia.

----
	Andrea Gronchi