[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Unix permission bits

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:50:00 -0500

The reason is a bug in the Finder. Finder tries to predetermine whether
or not you are allowed to access a particular directory or file by
looking at the unix mode bits. This breaks under afs where only the
user mode bits matter and the unix user id of the file does not matter.

--
David William Botsch