[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Many crashes on OS X 10.3

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:58:08 -0600

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:40:03AM -0500, Jason Ferrara wrote:
> Is anyone actively working on this problem?

I wish.  We're about to get a dual G5, so I'm happy to know it'll
crash just as fast as the other Macs we have. :)

> Something interesting I did notice. If I just access afs with
> command line programs, I don't get a crash. But as soon as I start
> using carbon/cocoa apps to access afs files, I'll get a kernel panic
> within a day.

It's not just AFS access that causes the crashes; running Software
Update is a good way for me to trigger crashes, and all it does is
access local disks for the most part.

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>