[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Many crashes on OS X 10.3

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:54:42 -0500 (EST)

  I've been watching this thread with some interest.  My two coworkers
have been using their powerbooks, running 10.3 and openafs 1.2.10+ since
10.3 came out.  They've had minor complaints, but no panics.  I have
been using a mac with 10.3 and openafs 1.2.11a for the past week or two,
and haven't had any problem what so ever with it.  We all suspend and
resume our macs, we switch between 2 or 3 networks(ip changes)
regularly, and use afs fairly heavily.  They are all patched up to the
latest software updates.  So I'm curious as to why everyone else is
having the problems, and we haven't.
  The only problems I have noticed are the following:

* Without network, some programs tend to hang when doing finder stuff if
afs is on, without network.  I believe this will be fixed by using
-fakestat-all, but I haven't tested it yet.

* When switching networks, afs needs to break callbacks.  A fs checkvol
does the trick.

* I have 1.2.11a installed, but using rxdebug localhost 7001 -ve returns
1.2.10, just with a newer build date.  Is this on purpose?

Just a few of my thoughts on the matter. :)

Tim