[OpenAFS-port-darwin] mv issues with panther and 1.2.10a ?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:06:43 +0100

Hi,

--On Dienstag, 13. Januar 2004 13:44 Uhr -0800 Shantonu Sen <ssen@mit.edu>=20
wrote:

> I filed this as:
> <http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D2967>
>
> With attached patch. Later I found Chaskiel's bug
> <http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D2899>. However I =
talked
> to Alexei Kosut about his patch that removed the cross-device check
> (which was in OpenAFS 1.2.10) and he was of the opinion that the patch
> suggested is too severe, since it prevents proper operation when you have
> multiple root volumes mounted. The patch in my bug only returns EXDEV if
> you're copying from AFS to non-AFS.

could someone please give me a hint how to build 1.2.11 under 10.3.2? I=20
have done this:

-  applied the patch
- ./configure --with-afs-sysname=3Dppc_darwin_70
- make packages

This apparently results in a package that doesn't load. I haven't yet been=20
able to verify this myself, but is rather something one of our users=20
reports. Is there anything obviously wrong with the way I built the =
package?

Regards, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK