[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Status?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:18:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Steve Lidie wrote:

> Works as in previous Panther revs, i.e. still kernel panics too often
> for production use.

The problems seem to be as follows (and maybe more, but these are the ones
I know of)
-vnreclaim can race with TryReclaim. Chaskiel worked up something and I
made some more changes as dictated by testing, only the parts which are
"done" went into CVS earlier today. I'm still testing to make sure the
rest has no side effects, and I need to let the test run for a while
(which it hasn't due to the fact that I'm still working on the item 2
below this one)

-rename can panic in vget due to no ubc. the lookup vnop has
to be prepared to instantiate a new ubc. I also put that into CVS today.

-leaked references in our lookup vnode op (can cause the vlru cycle panic
which linux had for some time..) which I'm hoping to have the answer to
shortly.

If there are more, well, when this is done people can test it, and submit
bugs to openafs-bugs@openafs.org. But, please hold off until I'm done.

> Not that I'm aware of. I am under the impression that "they" are
> working on the kernel panics ...

I have a Mac running 10.3 on my lap. If CMU weren't opening a campus on
the far side of the world, this would have been done much sooner.