[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Testing

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:17:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, ChrisK wrote:

> I have taken the posting of the patched binaries to be a good sign, and
> so I installed openafs (not upgraded - I had never installed it before)
> the 20040614 version last night and it worked.  I copied my 411 MB home
> directory from the MIT network to my powerbook.  I upgraded to the
> 20040615 version this afternoon.  If I have any debugging info, I will
> let you know.  At the moment I am have not been stress testing the
> system.

I know of at least 1 bug in the 20040615 version. Another version will be
coming tonight. And I think there's still 1 bug left (that I know of).

> Is there anything that would help with debugging that I could do?

Crashing and getting a panic log is good
Crashing and getting a backtrace is better
Crashing and telling me how to crash it is best
Proving it won't crash isn't possible yet