[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Status?

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:13:07 -0400

On Jun 28, 2004, at 4:38 PM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Steve Lidie wrote:
>

>>> I'm pretending I am. I mean to go back and revisit the getnewvnode
>>> style
>>> of port sometime. But not this week.
>>
>> Possibly stupid question, but is:
>>
>> /afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/OpenAFS-20040623.pkg.tar.gz
>>
>> what you mean?  It's only 2 minutes older than the kext I have?
>
> I reuploaded it maybe a half hour after I sent the mail saying it was
> there. I wonder if there's time stamp lossage somehow.
>
> Does the kext in my homedir match (md5 wise) the file in
> /var/db/openafs/etc/afs.kext/Contents/MacOS/afs ?

No, which I'd expect.  And the kext in your homedir
(/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/) does not match the kext in the pkg
either, although the byte count of the homedir kext and the pkg kext
are identical (1123644).  It also appears that I in fact do have an
older version of the 6/23 kext on the G5 (it's 1123808 bytes).

So, I'll update the G5 kext with the pkg kext ....