[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Compiling pam_krb5 on Mac OS X

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Boeheim, Charles T. wrote:

> I've been trying to build the pam_krb5 from sourceforge on
> Mac OS 10.3.5, so that ssh will both authenticate to Kerberos
> 5 (Heimdal in our case) and get AFS tokens for the user.
> This is the same module we've been using under Linux.
>
> With a few tweaks to the Configure script it compiles just fine.
> However, when I install it in the pam stack for sshd, it doesn't
> work and the following is written out to /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
> sshd.crash.log:
>
> Link (dyld) error:
>
> dyld: /usr/sbin/sshd Undefined symbols:
> _krb5_free_kdc_rep
> _krb5_max_skdc_timeout
> _krb5_os_hostaddr
> _krb5_skdc_timeout_1
> _krb5_skdc_timeout_shift
>
> These symbols are in /usr/lib/libkrb5.dylib, which doesn't seem
> to be in the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for pam.   Does anyone know the
> correct incantation during linking or running to get these
> symbols resolved properly?

you could use the Kerberos framework, and just worry about the framework
path (which iirc can be set using the -F option to gcc, like -L can be
used for library search path)

but iirc just the -L option should be enough. what does
otool -L show when you run it on the pam module?