[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Compiling pam_krb5 on Mac OS X

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:54:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Chuck Boeheim wrote:

> Seems like it's already using the Kerberos framework:
>
>> cd /usr/lib/pam
>> otool -L pam_krb5.so
>
> pam_krb5.so:
> 	/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
> (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
> 	/usr/lib/libpam.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
> 1.0.0)
> 	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 71.1.1)
>

> It looks like sshd is calling the library...does the -L option on a .so
> library set the
> path for dynamic libraries called from it, or does it have to be in the
> executable that
> started everything?

Oh, you're already linking by the framework method? Otherwise I'd have
expected a dependancy on libkrb5 itself and not on the framework.

This is probably one of those messy cases where you need help from the
invoking application, but I'd have to write a test program to prove it to
myself.

One thing you can try if you get stuck, is to link archive libraries into
the pam_krb5.so object and see if they're either archives of PIC code, or
if the linker will do relocations of non-PIC code to PIC and thus not need
the shared libraries at all.