[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog problems

Marc Colosimo m_enzo69@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

What do people recommend to use for aklog during login
and logouts?

We're using one found here:
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~arosenbl/AFS102.html>

It seems that the machines will crash about every 2
weeks by themselves (we believe this is because Norton
Antivirus tries something, tokens are expired, and afs
ends up crashing the system: i.e., fans go full tilt
and only the power button works). Also, we can crash
it by doing cvs (or heavy file transfers) across it.

With out aklog and just kloging, the Mac are fine and
transfer files faster!

I found the MIT one here:
<http://web.mit.edu/openafs/>

Thanks

Marc

P.S. OS 10.3.5, latest build of openAFS. The AFS we
are connecting is an old one (i think it is still the
IBM one).