[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Updating afs.kext

ChrisK chrisk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:30:03 -0500

I have been using afs on 10.3 here at MIT for some time now.

I am wondering the best way to update my
/private/var/db/openafs/etc/afs.kext/Contents/MacOS/afs file.

I had been using /afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/macos-afs-kext-20040623
(size 1123644), but it is 6 months old and I am wondering if there is a
newer recommended version.

One possibility seems to be
/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/OpenAFS-duke.pkg.tar.gz (date Feb 1)
while has ./OpenAFS.pkg/Contents/Resources/OpenAFS.pax.gz which in turn
has
./private/var/db/openafs/etc/afs.kext/Contents/MacOS/afs (file size
1251296, date Jan 27)

This is newer and differs in some way from the older kext module,
should I be using it?

Or perhaps I should completely update my OpenAFS installation?
Originally I installed:
$ cat /Library/Receipts/OpenAFS.pkg//Contents/Resources/OpenAFS.info
Title OpenAFS
Version 1.2.10
Description Mac OS X version of OpenAFS client and server.
DefaultLocation /
DeleteWarning

### Package Flags

NeedsAuthorization YES
Required NO
Relocatable NO
RequiresReboot NO
UseUserMask YES
OverwritePermissions NO
InstallFat NO
RootVolumeOnly YES

So to summarize: What is the most stable version and where do I get it?

--
Chris