[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Wierd OS X problem and general question redargind mpd (fwd)

Paul Mitchell pmitchel@email.unc.edu
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:18:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Chuck Boeheim wrote:

> This is due to what I have argued is broken behavior in the Darwin
> client.  It copies the owner permissions bits into the group
> and other fields, leading to this breakage and other more
> subtle ones.  Look in /var/db/openafs/etc/config/settings.plist
> and change the RealModes item from false to true.  Run the
> afssettings binary in the directory for the change to take
> effect immediately.  AFS will stop lying to you.

This was extreemly effective and true. Thank you very much, Chuck.

Paul Mitchell

	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel@email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall