[OpenAFS-port-darwin] How to avoid 524 with the Mac plug-in

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Mon, 2 May 2005 11:02:07 -0700

AFAIK the aklog plug-in for OSX/Kerberos is strictly a Kerberos 4
thing.  It relies on the native Kerberos lib's to automatically do the
524 translation.  In turn that means you have to clutter up a standard
krb5 configuration with [v4 realms] type stuff.

Since it *only* does Kerb 4 it also means that you can't even get a
"b2" token.  The 524 is done on the krbtgt, and the afs tgs-req is
strictly kerb 4.

Granted, not many of us are in a pure Kerb 5 environment yet.  Do I
need to look at filling this hole for the future?

(I'm talking about the Stanford/Umich plug-in.  The KTH plug-in isn't
being maintained, but looks like it at least knows Kerb 5 exists.)
----