[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: 1.4.1rc1 on Tiger killing the kernel.

Samuel Bayer sam@mitre.org
Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:38:21 -0500

port-darwin-request@openafs.org wrote:

>Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:27:50 -0500
>From: Chaskiel M Grundman <cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu>
>To: port-darwin@openafs.org
>Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.4.1rc1 on Tiger killing the kernel.
>
>--==========C1042311BFD0D4FD33AC==========
>
>--On Friday, November 04, 2005 15:45:19 -0600 Jon Shier=20
><jshier@iastate.edu> wrote:
>

>>	So I've been running the 1.4.1rc1 OpenAFS release for Tiger (10.4.3)
>>for a few days now on about 20 machines and have had a half dozen
>>occurrences of users trying to access their AFS space (through save
>>dialogs, browsing it, there doesn't seem to be a way that always  causes
>>a problem) and the machine beachballs, starting with whatever  app they
>>used to access their space.
>>

>This is similar to other reports we've gotten, but nobody who can try=20
>debugging it has been able to reproduce it :(. The next time you catch one=20
>of these, before rebooting it, please run the following commands from=20
>another machine, and submit a bug report to openafs-bugs@openafs.org:
>
>rxdebug <client ip> 7001
>cmdebug <client ip>

I filed bug 22870, similar to this problem. I can recreate my hung state
pretty reliably. I've updated the bug with output for rxdebug and
cmdebug which I captured earlier today. This hang was not accompanied by
a kernel panic.

Cheers,
Sam Bayer