[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: port-darwin digest, Vol 1 #311 - 1 msg

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:02:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Jeff Kopmanis wrote:

> Our experience here at U of Michigan is that the Tiger build will work for a
> seemingly random amount of time, from 1 hour to 2 weeks and then Finder will
> "pinwheel" into oblivion.  Crash logs indicate that this is caused by a
> crash in the OpenAFS kernel extension and its due to a caching problem in
> most cases.  The only remedy is to hit the power switch, as the crash
> appears to take out the filesystem support for ALL filesystems.

Ideally, use the panic.log and do what's described here:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html
to get a backtrace. Or submit the panic message to
openafs-bugs@openafs.org. At this point I'd suggest seeing if 1.4.1-rc1
fixes the problem.