[OpenAFS-port-darwin] afslog plugin for OpenAFS 1.4.1 and Panther

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:48:35 -0500

The aklog.loginLogout plugin which I assembled from various sources
worked fine on Panther with 1.4.1rc8, but breaks with 1.4.1 final for
some reason.

Unfortunately I only discovered this tonight when upgrading our lab
machines.  I've taken Ragnar Sundblad's afslog plugin, ripped out the
i386 pieces and replaced ASL with syslog.  Ugly, but it got our
Panther machines up and running with OpenAFS 1.4.1.

Source:

<http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/admin/afs/afslog.loginLogout-0.0.2b2-10.3-src.tar.gz>

Binaries:

<http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/admin/afs/afslog.loginLogout-0.0.2b2-10.3.zip>

Note that this plugin doesn't seem to work in a bunch of cases where
the old one did (username != principal, remote login sessions, etc.)
but it does work from loginwindow, which was where we needed it most.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>