[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Finder hangs when accessing any afs directory

Jason Edgecombe openafs@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:21:49 -0400

hi,

I'm running Tiger 10.4.7 with the OpenAFS-1.4.2rc1-Tiger.dmg
<http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/candidate/1.4.2rc1/macos-10.4/OpenAFS-1.4.2rc1-Tiger.dmg>
(8MB) client.

I can modify afs files fine in the terminal, but the finder and any
other file dialog box hangs when accessing any afs directory. I've tried
/afs and accessing a symlink to /afs/uncc.edu and /afs/openafs.org both
cause finder to give the pinwheel of death.

There are no messages in the system.log. I've tried both on-campus and
at home with the same result, so it's unlikely to be a
networking/firewall issue.

how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Jason Edgecombe