[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on a Core 2 Duo?

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:54:51 -0500

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:40:37AM -0700, Jim Brown wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are issues with 1.4.1 on a core 2 duo? We
> have a new iMac that kernel panics every time it accesses our realm
> (ir.stanford.edu) thru finder or terminal. We don't have access to
> another core 2 duo to replicate the problem...

I put 1.4.2rc4 on a new Core 2 Duo iMac here over the weekend and have
experienced some random hangs, but nothing we could pin down easily.
This is our first Intel lab machine, so we're still working out some
bugs.  I cd'd into /afs/ir.stanford.edu and didn't have problems,
however.

Incidentally, I hacked up OpenSSH yesterday to use libkrbafs and get
tokens after GSSAPI authentication.  It also fixes a bug whereby the
credential cache name gets set wrong (FILE: instead of API:) if you
connect via GSSAPI, and removes the permissions check on ~/.ssh/config
because it plays badly with -fakestat-all.  This all means you can
leave UsePAM off and things should work fine.  If anyone wants it,
it's in /afs/acm.uiuc.edu/admin/src/ppc_darwin_70/openssh-4.3p2.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>