[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS 1.4.1 on a Core 2 Duo?

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:30:57 -0400

At 10:35 AM +1200 9/26/06, Keith Johnston wrote:
>I have just installed Openafs 1.4.1 on a new core 2 duo machine and
>have not been able to do anything before it locks up with a
>multilingual screen of death:-(. I am about to archive and install
>then I shall
>try the latest 1.4.2fc.

I am not sure what you intend to do here, but note that you could
probably boot up into single-user mode, and move aside the directory
/Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS (so it won't be executed at startup),
and then boot up normally.  This should take a lot less time than
re-installing the whole system -- if that's what you were intending
to do.

Or maybe boot up into "safe mode":

To start up into Safe Mode (to "Safe Boot"), do this:
	1.  Be sure the computer is shut down.
	2.  Press the power button.
	3.  Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press
	     and hold the Shift key.
	Tip: The Shift key should be held as soon as possible
	     after the startup tone but not before.
	4.  Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple
	    and progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).