[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Finder is spinning CPU after installing OpenAFS on Leopard.

Fabio M. fabio.mancinelli@gmail.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 05:05:57 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I cannot be 100% sure that's the cause, but after installing OpenAFS (it
works fine) Finder is periodically bursting the CPU at 100% for several
minutes, even when I am not working with it and no Finder windows are
opened. After that it returns in its "normal" sleeping state

I also experience a block when shutting down OS X, i.e., after every
application is closed, and the menu bar is gone, my MacBook remains stuck
for the shutdown procedure to complete. I have to power it down by hand by
pressing the power-on button for 5 seconds. Definitely not a nice thing to
do.

As I told you I cannot be 100% sure that's OpenAFS causing these problems
but it's the only thing I installed before starting to experience these
issues. And before everything worked fine.

Any hint/idea on how to solve these problems?

Thank you for your help,
Fabio

P.S.: I am on an Intel MacBook with Leopard 10.5.1