[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Finder is spinning CPU after installing OpenAFS on Leopard.

Fabio Mancinelli fabio.mancinelli@gmail.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:30:23 +0100

On Dec 4, 2007 2:13 PM, Claudio Bisegni <Claudio.Bisegni@lnf.infn.it> wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
> what version of osx and openafs you use?

I am using Leopard 10.5.1 and OpenAFS installed from OpenAFS-0145-Leopard.dmg

> For my macbook pro i have
> developed a preference pane for manualy manage openafs so when i 'm on
> a slow connection i shutdown afs and work, if you have a slow
> connection some issue can occour.

That might be a nice utility to have :)
Where can I find it?

> Anyway when i work in office with our afs server i don't have any
> problem.

Actually I am on a very fast connection (I am at the office) and I am
connecting exclusively to AFS cells of the institution where I work.

Any idea for the shutdown problem?

Thank you for your help.
Fabio