[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Finder is spinning CPU after installing OpenAFS on Leopard.

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:57:25 -0800

"Fabio M." <fabio.mancinelli@gmail.com> writes:
> I cannot be 100% sure that's the cause, but after installing OpenAFS (it
> works fine) Finder is periodically bursting the CPU at 100% for several
> minutes, even when I am not working with it and no Finder windows are
> opened. After that it returns in its "normal" sleeping state

This used to happen to me very often with 1.4.2.  Using 1.4.4 on MacOS
10.4 worked near-perfectly (almost never had problems).  After
upgrading to 1.4.5 (still on MacOX 10.4), this problem has come back
again, and is frustrating, but nowhere near as severe as with 1.4.2.

Like the original poster, I cannot be 100% certain that OpenAFS is the
culprit here, but the fact that the abrupt change in frequency of the
issue correlates with switching between different versions of OpenAFS
says a lot...

  - a