[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 10.4.11 troubles

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:23:57 -0600

On Dec 10, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> Ah, it's for spotlight that we would need plutil.

I still think we need to figure out how to exclude the cache directory
from indexing/searching.  Having the md system keep track of all the
filesystem changes in that directory is a lot of needless work.  The
complete solution would stop Spotlight from searching there, and Time
Machine from backing it up, and the md system from recording events in
the /var/db/openafs/cache directory entirely.  /var/db/openafs/cache
is already inside /private so the system isn't searching it with
Spotlight.  I verified  that Time Machine still has that in its backup
tree.