[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Installer hang, 1.5.15 for MacOS 10

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:49:53 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> The nicer, more-work solution would be to do something like have a pre-
> install script that does "lsof | grep ' /afs/'", and then listed to the
> user any processes it found.  Then provide an option (perhaps as a custom-
> install selection?) that a user can go with if they simply cannot kill
> all the processes which have a file open in AFS space.

It's not much work if you can think what applications do it now; I know
something does. Um. Sadly I bet they're all VISE installers (Flash tells
you to quit Firefox, for instance)