[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Mystery Problem with directories on Tiger

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:07:33 -0500

At 1:32 PM -0500 3/10/07, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>1) what's in syslog.log?

if you mean /var/log/system.log, then nothing shows up in there
when the problem is happening.

>2) does it happen with 1.4.2?

I have a lot of things open on my main machine right now, and I
don't want to risk a reboot or have to restart everything I'm in
the middle of.  I'll see if the same problem shows up on one of
my mini-Macs, and if so then I'll try 1.4.2 on that.  (the Mac-
mini's are here in the same office, so that's easy enough to do).

>3) does cmdebug have anything to say?

Hmm.  Nothing at the moment.  I haven't tried it when I'm in the
middle of the problem though.  Right now the only interesting
thing from a -long output is:
** Cache entry @ 0xf8b71000 for 134.537094275.1.1 [rpi.edu]
             8192 bytes  DV         1467  refcnt     1
     callback 00000000   expires 1173524556
     0 opens     0 writers
     volume root
     states (0x4), read-only

I haven't used cmdebug much, so I'll have to play around with it
some more and see what comes up.

I should also mention that the problem does not effect all of AFS
when it does happen.  I can 'cd ..' a few times, and I'll get to
a directory where /bin/pwd doesn't fail.  That directory which
works is still in AFS, but if I 'cd' back into the subdirectory
I had been in, the problem is still happening in the subdirectory.