[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog error openafs 1.4.5 Leopard

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:26:40 -0600

Keith Johnston <keith@cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi
> I have made the move to Leopard and to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and it has gone
> OK. I am on the lookout for a new Kerberos plugin for 10.5, but I have
> noticed an error message when I get tokens with aklog.
>
> kjoh001$ aklog
> aklog: Permission denied so unable to create remote PTS user
>  kjoh001@ec.auckland.ac.nz in cell ec.auckland.ac.nz (status: 267269).
>
> I get tokens  but I also get the error message above and wondered what
> was wrong?

Aklog apparently thinks that your realm and cell do not match and it is
trying to register you as a foreign user in your cell.  You can safely
ignore this message.

klist output after obtaining tokens may help explain why this is
appearing.

<<CDC