[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.4.5pre5 available

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:14:09 -0500

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 02:24:30AM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> 2) dragging files or directories across volumes in finder returns an error

I assume you mean the -36 errors we've seen before here, so I think
this is something different.  This hang occurs when a user tries to a
copy an app (Shiira, if it matters) off a disk image into his AFS home
directory.  It hangs the frontmost app and makes the machine unusable
at the console.  Even if you kill loginwindow, the machine doesn't
recover.  I can SSH in as a local user, though not as a user with an
AFS home directory.

I got a sample from the hung Finder, and stack traces of the
filesystem-looking kernel threads in bt.txt.  stacks.txt is
'showallstacks' output.

   <http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/~njriley/leela-hang/>

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>