[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 10.6.3 + 1.5.73.3: can't copy symlinks in Finder; can't decode panic

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:47:18 -0400

Oh. I think I get you now.

Well, if it's using link ("ln"), the question is whether transparently
making link do a copy when EXDEV happens is reasonable.
I could detect whether the caller is literally named "Finder" and
special case it, I suppose. in fact, I could do it for the existing
EXDEV rename handler. that might be a decent idea.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> w=
rote: