[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS 1.5.74 upgrade

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:34:12 -0400

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Matt Elliott <melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrot=
e:
> I installed the Open AFS 1.5.74 upgrade on a system running 1.5.73.3. =A0=
launchd compalined during the pre-install script that it took longer than t=
he timeout to shutdown so it just killed OpenAFS. =A0The installer then hun=
g on the post install script and eventually the system had to be restarted =
for AFS to work again.

> Does anyone know how the 20second timeout value was arrived at? =A0Is the=
re a good reason it shouldn't be longer? =A0Has anyone else seen launchd gi=
ve up and then unsuccessfully just kill it?

It was the default of launchd. I just hadn't changed it.

A change is now in gerrit. If it works I will push.

--=20
Derrick