[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Action request for those that want Bug 34255 Fixed

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:59:13 -0600

DTS has requested that anyone that is bothered by the Finder error that =
occurs when you try and move files between volumes in the Finder to =
submit a bug report.  This is AFS bug =
http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D34255

To submit a bug to apple go to http://bugreport.apple.com/  You will =
need to register an AppleID if you don't already have one.  Then open a =
new issue of yours. =20

For ease of entry.  Feel free to steal my text.

> Title:  Moving files in the Finder of AFS network filesystem fails.
>=20
> Problem Description:
>=20
> If you try and use the Finder to move a file from one location in AFS =
to another location that happens to be on a different AFS volumes; the =
move fails and the Finder returns "The operation can't be completed =
beceause an unexpected error occurred (error code -1303)." On Mac OS X =
10.5 the error is slightly different and I've seen two different error =
codes return. This happens when using OpenAFS client 1.5.72. =20
>=20
> This bug is a duplicate of radr://5590394

I'm also contacting our regional sales and engineer for Marketing =
department pressure to get this bug in Mac OS X fixed.

Thanks to Derrick for your hard work on developing a work around

- Matt