[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Action request for those that want Bug 34255 Fixed

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:47:38 -0500

On Mar 15, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> What makes you say that? When you drag files across (regular) volumes =
in the Finder, the files are copied, not moved.

While this is true, the finder changes the cursor to indicate that a =
copy is going to occur instead of a move.  We need to either emulate =
that behavior so its always going to be a copy, or fix the move =
behavior.  I see at least two issues that need fixing.  The Finder =
cursor needs to match what ever behavior is going to occur and the move =
behaviors need to be fixed.  When dragging a file between two HFS+ =
volumes you can override the default copy to move by holding down the =
command key.  So just changing the default AFS behavior to copy isn't =
going to solve all the Finder errors.

- Matt=