[OpenAFS-port-darwin] OpenAFS 1.4.12; credential renewal in AFSBackgrounder?

Arthur Prokosch arthurp@csail.mit.edu
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:16:45 -0400

On 3/20/10 10:38 AM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Arthur Prokosch wrote:

>> I was wondering if a feature request has been submitted yet for
>> auto-renewing Kerberos credentials.

> Doesn't Russ' krenew do that?
> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/krenew.html

I haven't tested it - I see a few modifications in its changelog to work
with Mac OS, but I haven't yet worked through how to get it to interact
properly with Mac OS's launchd so that it can be started properly at
login time.

(Or does anyone have a plist known to work well when installed within
{~,}/Library/LaunchAgents on 10.5 and 10.6?)

Even if krenew is the best way to accomplish this task, it would still
be a great help to have a tested, packaged configuration of it
integrated with the OpenAFS installer (which already does
Kerberos-specific OS manipulation in the form of /etc/authorization "Get
Krb5 credential at login").

-arthur.