[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 1.6.0pre7 on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) -- kext not loading

Michael B. Klein mbklein@gmail.com
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:01:42 -0700

Hello,

I just cloned my 10.6 system and upgraded it to Lion to do some
compatibility testing. After discovering that AFS wasn't working for
me any more, I downloaded and installed the OpenAFS 1.6.0pre7 release.

AFS still isn't loading. The output in kernel.log reads:

kernel[0]: AFS: vfs_fsadd failed. aborting
kernel[0]: Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs start failed (result 0x5).
kernel[0]: Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs failed to load (0xdc008017).
kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs (error 0xdc008017).

sudo kextutil /var/db/openafs/etc/afs.kext results in the same set of messages.

Right now, getting AFS working seems to be the only thing standing in
the way of the upgrade, so I'd love some pointers on what I can try
next. If any further information (from the logs, the command line,
etc.) would be useful, just say the word.

Thanks!
Michael Klein