[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Problem with Core i5??

Arthur Prokosch arthurp@csail.mit.edu
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:21:01 -0400

Regarding the 64-bit kernel issue that Derrick describes as:
> you have 2 choices: force the machine to boot 32
> bit, or try the experimental version in
> /afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/OpenAFS-1.6.0pre3-2-gff7e8-Snowleopard.dmg

I can confirm that running 1.4.14 on Mac OS 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro
15" (Early 2011) and 64-bit kernel experiences the same slowdown.
Additionally, we got relatively repeatable kernel panics on shutdown
when 1.4.14 was loaded.  (Submitted one to apple; don't know if you
get those as well.)

All problems appear solved with your experimental version.  Please let
me know if there's more useful data I can provide.

-arthur.