[OpenAFS-port-darwin] How to set encryption by default on OS X

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:12:16 -0500

edit /var/db/openafs/etc/config/afs.conf and set an AFS_POST_INIT
scriptlet to do it, e.g.
AFS_POST_INIT=postcmd

postcmd() {
    fs setcrypt on
    fs mariner localhost
    /Library/OpenAFS/Tools/tools/growlagent-openafs &
}

on my system enables crypt, and turns on mariner and then starts the
growl agent to monitor for it.