[OpenAFS-port-darwin] How to set encryption by default on OS X

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:35:39 -0400

Ideally, adding a toggle for it in the Prefs Pane as well, at the same
time, since
this is no more configurable than what exists now, it's just different.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Arthur Prokosch <arthurp@csail.mit.edu> wr=
ote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 04:49:52PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> The patch I would support is one to the installer that provides crypt as
>> a default on option.
>>
>> I'm not prepared to modify the core code default until OpenAFS 2.0.
>> fcrypt is both not very secure and very expensive to compute when
>> compared to AES-256/SHA-1 used in rxgk.
>
> I'd like to propose the attached patch. =A0Any comments before I start
> navigating repository paths and installer build sequences?
>
> In case it's stripped, it's also at
> /afs/csail.mit.edu/u/a/arthurp/public/afs.conf.diff
>
> thanks,
> -arthur prokosch.

--=20
Derrick