[OpenAFS-port-darwin] 10.5 support

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe@elis.ugent.be
Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:01:36 +0200

On 05 Aug 2013, at 14:38, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> 19270408 (rxk).8 = ticket contained unknown key version number
>
> do other clients work?

I've just installed the official OpenAFS 1.6.5 on my 10.6 laptop (it's
a virgin OpenAFS installation, I normally don't use it with AFS) and
indeed, it gets the same errors.

> are you using the correct (1.6.5) aklog? my first
> guess: the code
> was never tested in the linked cell case, and it has nothing to do
> with
> 10.5.

I was using the standard Mac OS X aklog (the one from /usr/bin), also
with OpenAFS 1.6.0/1.6.1. It works fine with those OpenAFS versions.

I've now tried again with
a) the aklog from openafs (/Library/OpenAFS/Tools/bin/aklog), and
b) removing the "-linked" parameter (not sure why I ever added it,
we're using a plain OpenAFS installation with no DCE in sight; after
removing "-linked" with 1.6.0/1.6.1 things still work fine)

However, it still won't work.

> in any case, this doesn't look like a darwin-specific issue; you'd
> probably
> do better asking openafs-devel.

Ok.

Jonas