[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Building on Mavericks

Matt Haught matt_haught@ncsu.edu
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:27:23 -0500

I still have the symlink kernel panics with 10.9 but I have been able
to successfully build and package using these patches (I am using
openafs-stable-1_6_5_x branch):

Various updated files for new os version:
https://github.com/haught/openafs/commit/924a6d35ba16d2e2c2c24f53e8ab57596b4f6046.patch

Packaging updates for new os version:
https://github.com/haught/openafs/commit/a1ea1e6b03f3f5d796e7344484d6905ad7f43725.patch

kauth.rg space removals:
https://github.com/haught/openafs/commit/0c953c1a49afe5f143cc4154e74b12ed333ef4e7.patch

osi_machdep.h needs a few cherry picked patches from the master branch:
http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=patch;h=1d8937b860509fcaabb041bc14faf7aa3023f3c9
then:
http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=patch;h=6ad2cc0275cd1074316d6bc70cd8758d25f94467

Packaging gets a little more painful as you need to get an older
Aux Xcode Tools that includes PackageMaker and create a symlink to
where the packaging scripts are looking.

Login to developer.apple.com and get "Auxiliary Tools for Xcode - Late
July 2012". Open and put PackageMaker.app into /Applications/Utilities

sudo mkdir -p /Developer/usr/bin/
sudo ln -s /Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker
/Developer/usr/bin/PackageMaker

I am using
./configure --enable-transarc-paths
make dest
sudo make packages

It builds, and the package installs fine.
--
Matt Haught
North Carolina State University