[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Compiling 1.6.5.1 on 10.9?

Ken Hornstein kenh@pobox.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 21:25:06 -0400

>Has anyone had any luck getting openafs to compile on mavericks using
>xcode 5.1?  I am getting kernel panics with the mountain lion kext
>when accessing files usually when writing. Both via upgrade and a
>fresh install using modified pkg. I am needing to do some testing, so
>I wanted to at least get it compiled.

So far, I've been using older kexts okay.  But I've been trying to get
it working as well.

>cmd.c:46:30: error: the value of the size argument in 'strncat' is too
>large, might lead to a buffer overflow [-Werror,-Wstrncat-size]
>        strncat(tbuffer, a2, sizeof(tbuffer));
>                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>cmd.c:46:30: note: change the argument to be the free space in the
>destination buffer minus the terminating null byte
>        strncat(tbuffer, a2, sizeof(tbuffer));
>                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                             sizeof(tbuffer) - strlen(tbuffer) - 1

This is technically a bug ... and the compiler is telling you how to fix
it.  There are a bunch of these things.

>/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libacl.a
>/Users/matt/Downloads/openafs-1.6.5.1/lib/libacl.a
>cd src && cd kauth &&
>/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make depinstall
>/Users/matt/Downloads/openafs-1.6.5.1/src/rxgen/rxgen -A -u -x -h -o
>kauth.h ./kauth.rg
>    declare_stat (Authenticate);

Deleting the space here fixes this, but there are other issues.  I've been
working through them.  The big challenge is that PackageManager isn't
around anymore, so the packaging will have to be updated.  Again, I'll
try to tackle that if no one else gets to it first.

--Ken