[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Compiling 1.6.5.1 on 10.9?

Matt Haught matt_haught@ncsu.edu
Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:36:55 -0400

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Matt Haught <matt_haught@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> perchance can you decode the panic? i haven't had time to deal with any of
>> this but the panic is probably a real bug since the kpi didn't change and
>> thus the 10.8 module "should" work.
>> --
>> Derrick

I have narrowed my action down to whenever I create a symlink it will
panic.  I can copy and move large directories around without problems,
but as soon as I create a symlink (ln -s, cp -R ...) I get a panic.
The symbolic link is created before the panic.  I can delete a symlink
and use symlinked files and directories without panic.

In my previous tests I was copying a source tree around for
pam-afs-session which has a few symlinks thus causing the panic. I was
able to get 1.6.5.1 to build and packaged with additional files for
10.9 and some backports to osi_machdep.h from head, but there was no
change in panics.

Can anyone else confirm?

--Matt