[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Compiled 1.6.11pre2?

Matthew Wilkens mwilkens@nd.edu
Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:27:06 -0500

Thank you, Matt, and thank you, Daria, for the help.

Matt, I was able to build the just-released 1.6.11. I think maybe the =
problem I had in the past was a result of trying the (slightly) more =
complicated procedure from http://www.openafs.org/macos.html, which =
enables warnings and checking. I feel dumb for not having just =
jettisoned those checks.

Anyway, the Yosemite package built and installed OK, though I ran into =
the problem that I assume your last note about your kext signing key =
addresses. That is, I couldn't get AFS to start up and I saw the =
following error in the console:

3/2/15 4:47:50.083 PM com.apple.kextd[19]: ERROR: invalid signature for =
org.openafs.filesystems.afs, will not load

I then used the prebuilt installer from YFS that Daria pointed me to =
(1.6.11pre2 rather than final), and it works great.

Matt, if it's easy and you're so inclined, could you tell me what one =
needs to do to get the kext signed properly so it'll load? If it's too =
much trouble, no worries; the YFS installer works fine, so we're really =
just talking about curiosity on my end.

Thanks again to you both for your help!

-Matt

> On Mar 2, 2015, at 1:50 PM, Matt Haught <matt_haught@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>=20
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Matthew Wilkens <mwilkens@nd.edu> =
wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>=20
>> Has anyone managed to get 1.6.11pre2 to build on Yosemite? I'm having =
some problems with 1.6.5 (client on Mac OS 10.10.2) and would like to =
try the new version, but I can't get it to build from source. Has anyone =
had luck with this or does anyone know of binaries hosted somewhere?