[OpenAFS-port-darwin] El Capitan problems

Matt Haught matt_haught@ncsu.edu
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:18:00 -0500

I have been having some troubles with Auristor afs client on El
Capitan not being able to delete and overwrite any files and folders
from Finder (from terminal works).

So I decided to patch up openafs 1.6.16 for El Capitan to see if it
was just the Auistor client. It installs and works great - except it
also has the same problem as the Auristor client.

I went through gerrit and saw this patch (
http://gerrit.openafs.org/#/c/12167/2 ). Sure enough, if I open a
terminal, sudo kinit, and sudo aklog, my regular user through Finder
can then delete files. It is like flipping a switch.

I applied the patch from gerrit and the tried older one, but neither
fixed our issue.

Does anyone else see this problem? 100% of my 10.11 machines have the
issue 100% of the time. Any way to fix this?

Thanks,
--
Matt Haught