[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] what's the status on afs port-freebsd?

Tom Maher tardis@watson.org
06 Dec 2000 16:05:58 -0500

Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> writes:

> With openafs 1.0.1 released, I wondered what the status
> is for the freebsd port.  We have a pretty good-sized AFS
> cell here at RPI, and it would be great if freebsd users
> could access that.
>
> I'm still caught up in end-of-semester issues for another
> week or two, but once I have some free time (ha-ha), where
> should I go to start investigating AFS on freebsd?

I've got most of userland compiling, and am currently working on the kernel
stuff in another buffer as I type this, using the "copy over the digital unix
code and hack at it until it compiles" approach.  I'll make another patch this
weekend, stil based off of the openafs 1.0 release, or earlier if I can get
something that will actually build.  Please note that I would be extremely
surprised if such an incredibly preliminary kernel module would NOT make the
kernel go kablooey.

A stable port is still quite a while off, so you're probably best off
continuting to use arla.

--
Tom Maher