[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Unable to authenticate to AFS because a pioctl failed.

Michiel Meijer M.Meijer@office.kabelfoon.nl
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:49:04 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to setup a OpenAFS cell on FreeBSD. After having followed
through the instructions as Outlined in the QuickBeginnings document
of IBM i get stuck trying to issue a "klog admin" command. Klog fails
with the error message "Unable to authenticate to AFS because a
pioctl failed."

My exact setup is as follows ;

I build arla version 0.35.5 into /usr/local/afs setting up symbolic
links from /usr/afs and /usr/vice to /usr/local/afs/afs and
/usr/local/afs/vice.
Next I compiled OpenAFS snap-2001-07-16 with config options
--afs-sysname=i386_fbsd_42. After compiling this I installed the
files found in i386_fbsd_42/dest/root.server/usr/afs/bin into
/usr/local/afs/bin, thus overwriting some of the arla files, as I
gathered from the mailing lists they where no longer needed.

Does any one know how to tackle this problem based on the above
description. Any help will be appreciated.

--
Hoogachtend / Kind regards,

Michiel Meijer
M.Meijer@office.kabelfoon.nl

Kabelfoon BV
Industriestraat 30, Postbus 45, 2670 AA  NAALDWIJK
Telefoon: 0174-615430 Fax: 0174-623860
Helpdesk: 0900-5224357 (44ct/min)
Abonnementen: 0800-5223666
e-mail info@kabelfoon.nl voor informatie, kabelfoon@kabelfoon.nl voor