[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Patches for FreeBSD 4.x

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:55:23 -0400

--On Tuesday, June 11, 2002 21:06:43 -0400 Chaskiel M Grundman
<cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>  1.2.6, when it comes out, will have the patches I did several months ago
> to enable 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 support (they've been in cvs for some time,
> but did not get pulled up for 1.2.4, and 1.2.5 was rushed) . I will try
> and get some 4.6 patches in before then.

I did complete the 4.6 support patches, but these patches *will not* be in
1.2.6. The OpenAFS maintainers have decided that as long as FreeBSD support
is "not stable", then FreeBSD patches will not go into "stable" openafs
releases. For the time being, if you want to test/develop openafs on
freebsd, you should use a CVS checkout or snapshot.

Problems I know about with the current code:
- cache files are often corrupt after a reboot
- running a long-running find often results in 'panic: write volumeinfo' or
'panic: read volumeinfo2'