[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] FreeBSD/OpenAFS working, mostly

David E. Cross crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:41:38 -0400

Ok.. I just installed OpenAFS client on a 4.6-RELEASE-p1 system,
it works flawlessly, except for the aforementioned cache problem, which
I have begun to investigate.  My findings so far are as follows:

1) Writes > chunksize work

2) The client _does_ request the correct data from the server (who does
   reply with the correct information)

3) The cache chunks for a file are all identical.  Ie.  I have 15 files,
   all contain the first CHUNKSIZE bytes of the affected file.

4) After a reboot some of my cache files contained parts of "boot1"??!?!

I am well versed in the theory of AFS operation, and the practicals of the
protocols.  What I have no clue on is code path.  After an RX packet is
received who gets it, the kernel?  afsd?   If someone lets me know this
I can begin tracing code paths and see where these chunks are going.  I
think this is going to turn out to be some sort of trivial error
(i++ vs. ++i or something).   But I don't even know where to look in the code.

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall