[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Clean Build on -STABLE with 8-13 SNAP

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Jim Rees wrote:

> I am eager to find out whether the FreeBSD 4.x client and server work.
> Please send me results when you have them.

I can only properly express myself by saying "holy f*cking crap. It's
working."

I am a bit surprised.  I have _NEVER_ used a kernel module ever, not even
on RedHat.  When I went to load it, I started to head toward the console
for the feared reboot.  Whadya know?  No panic!

This system is not at all configured like I would like it.  Mind you I
haven't stressed anything, but here are a couple of proofs.  This is
client only.  I have to figure out the ramifications of running redundant
servers before I go that far.

	*** module loaded ***
root@s2 /usr/local/etc/openafs $ kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    2 0xc0100000 25ca00   kernel
 2    1 0xc0b8a000 a7000    libafs.ko

	*** Processes running ***
root@s2 /usr/local/etc/openafs $ ps -ax | grep afsd
49930  p0  I      0:00.01 afsd
49931  p0  D      0:00.00 afsd
49932  p0  D      0:00.01 afsd
49933  p0  D      0:00.00 afsd
49934  p0  D      0:00.00 afsd

	*** tokens granted ***
jcw@s2 /afs/stradamotorsports.com $ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 2) tokens for afs@stradamotorsports.com [Expires Aug 15
22:57]
   --End of list--

	*** files being served ***
jcw@s2 /afs/stradamotorsports.com $ ls -la
total 47
drwxrwxrwx   6 root    wheel  2048 Feb 25 19:36 .
drwxrwxrwx   2 root    wheel  2048 Feb 24 19:16 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 daemon  wheel  2048 Apr  2 19:47 group
drwxr-xr-x   4 daemon  wheel  2048 Feb 24 20:45 home
drwxr-xr-x  11 daemon  wheel  2048 Jun 15 10:39 library
drwxr-xr-x   2 daemon  wheel  2048 Feb 25 19:30 project
drwxrwxrwx   9 root    wheel  8192 Jul 12 17:12 temp

Man, this particular system is so crufty from toying with SMB, NFS, and
now OpenAFS.  I have bits and pieces all over the place.  If I can get the
servers running, I will retire the old Redhat box for good and clean this
baby up.

If anyone has a test suite or a stress test idea, let me know.  I'll try
it.  This box isn't hugely important right now.

Later,
Jason C. Wells