[OpenAFS-port-freebsd] Re: port-freebsd digest, Vol 1 #46 - 3msgs

Matthew Emmerton matt@gsicomp.on.ca
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:47:44 -0500

> > The biggest hurdle is that the ports committers won't commit any new
> > port that won't compile cleanly on 4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT.  While
> > I'm sure it compiles cleanly for 4-STABLE, I know for a fact that it
> > doest not on 5-CURRENT (and has been one of my "when I have spare
> > time" projects.)
> >
> > Therein lies the challenge.
>
> Sure they will.  It's very possible to conditionalize a port Makefile
> based off of the OSVERSION.  Look in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk for
> plenty of examples.  -sc

I shoudl have said "therein lies MY challenge".  I'm not going to submit a
port of OpenAFS to the FreeBSD ports managers if it doesn't compile on
5.0-RELEASE, since that's all I use on my development machines.

For those who want to get OpenAFS into the ports collection for 4-x, by all
means go ahead.

--
Matt Emmerton